Fifth Annual FCCT Photo Contest 2011
August 14, 2011 /Photography News/ The Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand and OnAsia, Asia's leading photo agency, invites you to participate in the Fifth Annual FCCT Photo Contest.
Photos must be taken in Asia-Pacific, defined as: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, or Vietnam. Photographers do NOT need to be members of the FCCT, nor do they need to be based in Asia.
* Spot news - for the best single image photograph taken at a news event in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than five photographs per photographer may be submitted in this category.
* Feature photography - for the best single-image non-news "feature" photograph taken in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than five photographs per photographer may be submitted in this category.
* Photo essay - for the best collection of up to 12 photos on a single topic taken in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than three photo essays per photographer may be submitted in this category.
* Environmental Issues - A special category, sponsored by Delegation of the European Union to Thailand, for the best single photo or photo essay of up to 12 images focusing on environmental topics, including issues such as natural resources and waste; climate change; nature and biodiversity; and the environment and public health. No more than five single images and/or three photo essays per photographer may be submitted in this category.
* In addition, the judges will select one Photographer of the Year to recognize either the best single image, photo essay or the most impressive collection of work submitted by a single photographer in 2011.
First-place winners in Spot News, Feature Photography and Photo Essay will each receive: $1,000 cash and one round-trip ticket for economy-class air travel in Asia, courtesy of Star Alliance, the global airline network whose members include Thai Airways and other carriers.
First-place winner, Environmental Issues, sponsored by the Delegation of the European Union to Thailand: $2,000 cash.
Photographer of the Year: a $3,000 cash prize and one round-trip ticket for economy-class air travel in Asia, courtesy of Star Alliance.
Cash awards are courtesy of Indorama Ventures PCL, the contest's principal sponsor, in addition to the EU. All winners and finalists will be recognized in a special edition of FCCT's quarterly magazine, Dateline, profiling their work. Winning photos and finalists will also be displayed in a two-month exhibition at the FCCT gallery in Bangkok, including a Friday-night reception attended by local photographers and media.
Photographers retain copyright to any images they submit to the contest.
Photos must be submitted by Sept. 23, 2011. Winners will be announced in late 2011.
Website: FCCT Photo Contest