Roberto Cimetta Fund - Open Call For Travel Grants
January 16, 2012 /Photography News/ The Roberto Cimetta Fund has launched an open call for travel grants from 1st to 31st January 2012 in the framework of two partnerships with Guimarães 2012 European Capital of Culture and with Marseille-Provence, European Capital of Culture 2013.
The RCF/Guimarães 2012 fund is open to artists and cultural operators in all artistic disciplines from the Euro-Mediterranean-Arab region whose travel project will take place between Guimarães and the Euro-Mediterranean-Arab region and/or in relation to a project linked to Guimarães 2012. Priority will be given to projects in music, performing arts, cinema, visual arts, design and architecture, preferably in the framework of a residency.
The RCF/Marseille-Provence 2013 fund is open to artists and cultural operators from the Euro-Mediterranean-Arab region whose travel project will take place from a country of the South and East coasts of the Mediterranean to another country of that same zone or from a country of the South and East coasts of the Mediterranean to Europe, preferably other than France. Only in exceptional cases will mobility from a European country to a country of the South or East coasts be considered; the same applies for mobility linked to countries of the Arabian Gulf. The aim of the trip needs to be linked to the Marseille Provence 2013 project and/or the area of Marseille Provence 2013 (which extends from Arles to La Ciotat through the Pays d’Aix).
South Zone: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Mauritania, Jordan, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Turkey, and the countries of the Arabian gulf, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates Yemen
East Zone: Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Armenia, Moldavia.
North Zone: Northern Europe: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway. South of Europe: Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Italy, Malta, and Portugal
Candidates must also respect the general criteria of RCF which apply to these specific funding lines:
1) The aim of your trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in the Mediterranean basin. This means that your travel must contribute to your own capacity building, which in turn can be shared in a “networking” fashion that will benefit connecting artists and operators in your own country or region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts.
2) New criteria: Your trip can take place as soon as the call opens but in this case you run the risk of buying your ticket without knowing if the application is successful or not.
3) Applicant’s profile:
- No nationality or age criteria. Applicant lives or works in the Euro-Mediterranean-Arab region.
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
4) Applications must be made on an individual basis by email to email@example.com. Only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A grant holder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs (local transport is not reimbursed).
Deadline: January 31, 2012. The date of the next selection is 1st April 2012.