2013 Manuel-Rivera Ortiz Grant - Call for entries
January 8, 2013 /Photography News/ The Manuel-Rivera Ortiz grant was created to encourage the betterment of humanity through the presentation of editorially-based imagery representing humanistic themes including human unrest, famine, disease, national and international politics, war, uprisings, injustice and triumph. As well, the grant was set up to lend credence to the photographers themselves who give so much of their time, energy, enthusiasm, money, and, at times, their lives to create images that bear witness and are sometimes shockingly brutal. Purpose of the grant is to support completion of proposed projects, either completely new or in progress.
Proposals and work submitted for this grant must be of human interest, resonating globally due in no small part to its potential impact on humanity.
Grant: $5000 Award/Grant
Eligibility: 18+, international
- All submissions must be proposals for new and continuing projects with the purpose of completion. Already completed projects are not eligible.
- Group entrants are permitted.
- Submitted images must have been completed no earlier than 1.5 years (18 months) prior to the initial date for the call for entries of that calendar year.
- 15-image Portfolio o in a single PDF formatted file (both black&white and color images will be accepted)
- 1-page Photographic Résumé (CV)
- Submissions for Grant Proposal (1500 word count maximum)
- Proposed Budget
Judges will carefully select the Top-24 portfolio proposals from among all entries received. The top 24 entries will be required to re-submit individual digital files of their Round One 15-image-portfolio.
12 entries will be identified from the Top 24 selected Round Two. The 2013 Award/Grant recipient will be selected from these 12 and announced to world audience in Arles, France during Les Rencontres d’Arles de la Photographie in summer 2013.
Deadline: March 31, 2013
For more information, visit http://www.mrofoundation.org/?page/84068/photography-grant
Check out all our current photo contests here.