Nikon reveals 18-35mm wide-angle and 800mm prime lenses
January 29, 2013 /Photography News/ Nikon has just launched two new lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR prime lens, and the AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, an ultra wide-angle zoom lens compatible with the FX format and offering approximately 1.9x magnification.
The AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR offers the longest focal length of 800 mm in the history of NIKKOR autofocus (AF) lenses, as well as a maximum aperture of f/5.6. The 1.25x AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED is supplied with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR.
AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR primary features
- An FX-format compatible AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR with the longest focal length in the history of NIKKOR autofocus lenses.
- Constructed of two fluorite lens elements. The lens is equipped with two fluorite lens elements used in IC steppers and scanners that require extreme precision. The superior transmissivity from the infrared to ultra-violet range demonstrates superior chromatic aberration compensation throughout the visible range.
- Equipped with two ED lens elements for sharp rendering and superior optical performance.
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively prevents the internal reflections that cause ghost and flare.
- When the teleconverter is used with this super-telephoto lens, the electromagnetic aperture built into the lens enables stable exposure control with high-speed continuous shooting.
- Equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) mechanism offering performance equal to an increase in shutter speed of approximately 4.0 steps*.
- A lightweight yet durable super-telephoto lens with the adoption of fluorite lens elements, which helps to reduce the weight of the lens significantly, and a magnesium alloy, which ensures strength and durability.
AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED primary features
- Designed exclusively for use with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR. This teleconverter has been designed to produce images exhibiting the same rendering performance as the primary lens.
- When used with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR, focal length is increased by 1.25x for a focal length of 1000 mm (combined maximum aperture of f/7.1).
- The first teleconverter equipped with an ED lens element.
*Measured according to CIPA standards.
AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Primary Features
- An 18-35mm zoom lens that covers the ultra-wide to standard wide-angle range of focal lengths with approximately 1.9x magnification, supports maximum apertures of f/3.5-4.5, and offers compatibility with the FX format
- A compact design that weighs just 385 g makes the lens small and light enough to take anywhere
- A new optical design with superior resolution that makes the most of digital-SLR cameras with extremely high pixel counts, such as the D600
- Constructed with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior aberration compensation
- Superior rendering performance at all focusing distances, from minimum 28 cm to infinity
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes—autofocus with manual override (M/A) and manual focus (M)
- A 7-blade rounded aperture for beautiful blur characteristics