Professional Women Photographers (PWP) Call for Entry
March 11, 2014 /Photography News/ Professional Women Photographers (PWP) announces its SPRING 2014 INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S PHOTOGRAPHY CALL FOR ENTRY. Andrea Meislin, Owner and Director of Chelsea’s Andrea Meislin Gallery, will award $5,000 in cash, an article in IMPRINTS Magazine, a one-year online exhibition, and valuable prizes from Datacolor, global leader in color calibration technology.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
- Black and White
- The Environment (Nature, Cityscapes, Street Photography, etc.)
- IPhonography (any image created on an IPhone or other mobile device)
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $1,000, plus a Datacolor Spyder4PRO color calibration system and SpyderCube raw calibration tool ($225 value.) Her image will appear in the 2014 IMPRINTS Magazine and the online exhibition.
- First Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $500, plus a Datacolor SpyderCHECKR PRO camera calibration system ($139 value.) Their selected images will appear in the 2014 IMPRINTS Magazine and the online exhibition.
- Second Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $300. Their selected images will appear in the 2014 IMPRINTS Magazine and the online exhibition.
- Third Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $200. Their selected images will appear in the 2014 IMPRINTS Magazine and the online exhibition.
- Jurors’ Selections: These12 images will appear in the IMPRINTS Magazine and online exhibition.
- Honorable Mention: 50 additional images will appear in the online exhibition.
This Call for Entry is open worldwide to ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS; NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS OF PWP, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL., working in any photography medium or style.
PWP Members: $25 for the first 3 images.
Non-Members: $35 for the first 3 images.
Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.
- Entries due: April 15, 2014
- Notice of Acceptance: May 5, 2014
- Online Exhibition: October 1, 2014 - September 30, 2015
Andrea Meislin opened the Andrea Meislin Gallery, one of New York’s premier photography galleries, in March 2004. She is an art historian, writer, and independent curator. Meislin was formerly the associate curator of photography at the Israel Museum (Jerusalem), and an independent research associate at the Phoenix Art Museum.
For a complete prospectus, and to submit images, please go to:
To view all current call for entries listed at Photography News, visit http://www.photography-news.com/2009/12/photography-competitions.html