Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2016
January 2, 2016 /Photography News/ Applications are open for the annual Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest. Rossiya Segodnya organized the contest in honor of special photo correspondent Andrei Stenin under the auspices of Russia’s Commission for UNESCO, to discover new talent in photo journalism, and promote and develop high standards of documentary photography. It is Russia’s only international contest in support of young professional photographers.
Deadline: March 22, 2016
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 500,000. (approx 7136 US Dollars)
- The first place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 50,000.
- The second place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 35,000.
- The third place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 25,000.
- Contest sponsors may also offer additional prizes.
Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs.
Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable. Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
Photographs must have been taken after January 1, 2015. In exceptional cases, series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such case, the last photograph of the series must have been taken in 2015 or 2016.
How to apply:
Photos will be uploaded in the JPG format. The acceptable compression will not exceed 10. The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
Entries are uploaded and stored by the participant on his or her personal page at stenincontest.com. Photos can be added or replaced until the participant submits the entry. After the entry is submitted, photos can no longer be added or replaced.
For more information, see the Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest website.
To view all current call for entries listed at Photography News, visit http://www.photography-news.com/2009/12/photography-competitions.html